Steamed Chocolate CakeDecember 21, 2021
Rich and decadent, Eggless, Steamed Chocolate Cake is made from milk, cocoa powder, and Mastercook Maida & melts in the mouth due to its soft and rich texture.
- 65 gm / ½ cup Mastercook Maida
- 30 gm / 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 65 gm / ½ cup Castor Sugar
- 1.5 gm / ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 gm / ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 110 ml / ½ cup Milk
- 25 ml / 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 ml / ½ tsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 ml / ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Prepare your steamer and let it heat up. Line a 6*6 square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the Mastercook Maida, Cocoa powder, Sugar, Baking soda and powder.
- Add the milk, oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Whisk well to combine, the mixture will be runny.
- Add it to your prepared baking tray. Cover tightly with foil.
- Steam in the steamer on medium heat for 45 minutes to an hour. Check it by poking a skewer into the middle, it should come out clean.
- The batter will seem like barely enough for the tin, but once it is steamed it will come up more than halfway up the sides, so do not worry.
- Ensure that the top is covered tightly with foil, otherwise water may seep into the cake and make it soggy.
South Indian Style Egg Curry