This tomato based dish gets its thick body from potatoes and it’s salivating flavour from the variety of spices added to it. Bhaji is a wholesome dish attributing to the blend of vegetables added to it. When served with pav, it forms a complete meal with a dousing of carbs giving you energy all day.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 15 mins
- 2 tbsp Master Cook coriander seeds
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tbsp Master Cook cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Master Cook black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Master Cook fennel seeds
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3-4 Master Cook cloves
- 1/2 tbsp amchur
- 1 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 4 pav buns + butter to toast
- Chopped onion, chopped coriander and lemon wedges for garnish
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.3g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.8g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.2g||22%|
|Total Sugars 6.6g|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||10%|
Disclaimer: The nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to quality of ingredients and food preparation. The nutritional analysis found on the recipe pages is calculated from the individual ingredients in each recipe. No information, services, or materials offered by or through this Site shall be construed as or understood to be medical advice or care.
- For Pav Bhaji Masala: Dry roast coriander seeds, black cardamom, cumin seeds, black pepper, fennel seeds, red chillies, cinnamon and cloves individually. Once cool, blend to a fine powder with amchur powder.
- Boil cauliflower, potatoes and peas until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a pan and fry onions until translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook. Then, add the capsicum. Saute until cooked completely.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Salt helps bring out the moisture from the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes become mushy.
- To this, add chilli powder and the 1-2 tbsp of the prepared pav bhaji masala. Stir to coat completely.
- Mash the boiled vegetables and add to this mix.
- Add water as required to form a thick paste and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Slice the pav horizontally and toast with butter.
- Serve pav and bhaji hot with chopped onions, coriander and lemon.