Paneer Tikka Platter
Why settle for one when you can have three? The Mughal influence is shown heavily in our kebabs, tikkas and tandoori breads. Learn how to make three of the most common marinations – tandoori, hariyali and malai.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 40 mins
- 250 g cottage cheese (paneer)
- 4 onions, big dice
- 4 tomatoes, big dice
- 250 g hung curd
- 4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tsp Master Cook cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
- 4 tsp Master Cook coriander seeds, roasted and powdered
- 4 tsp garam masala
- Chaat masala, salt & black salt to taste
- Tandoori marination: red chilli powder and optional chilli oil
- Hariyali marination: mint chutney
- Malai marination: cream and optional cheese, nutmeg powder
|Amount per serving (excluding eggs)|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.9g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||16%|
|Total Sugars 84.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Disclaimer: The nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to quality of ingredients and food preparation. The nutritional analysis found on the recipe pages is calculated from the individual ingredients in each recipe. No information, services, or materials offered by or through this Site shall be construed as or understood to be medical advice or care.
- Cut paneer into cubes and soak in hot water. If using bamboo skewers, soak in hot water for an hour.
- Mix together hung curd, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala, salt and black salt.
- Divide this mixture into three portions.
- Tandoori marination: Add red chilli powder and chilli oil to this and stir in.
- Hariyali maination: Puree mint and chillies and stir into the second portion.
- Malai marination: Add cream and grated nutmeg to the third portion and mix in.
- Adjust seasoning in all three portions.
- Divide the paneer, onions and tomatoes between the 3 marinations. Mix to coat well.
- Skewer the paneer, onion and tomato alternatively onto bamboo or metal skewers.
- Stove Top Method: Turn the flame to high and hover the skewers over the flame until charred. Grease with butter as you turn the skewers.
- Oven or air fryer method: Place in a preheated oven for 5 minutes, brush butter over it and place back inside for another 5 minutes.
- BBQ Grill method: Prepare the coals and place skewers on the grill when hot enough. Brush butter, turn and cook skewers until blackened spots appear.
- To serve, toss the tikkas with chaat masala and more butter.
- Serve with mint yogurt chutney and laccha onions