Mixed Millet Dosa
Light and fluffy, these dosa’s are just like their fermented counterpart, without the need to ferment it overnight. Enjoy a tasty & healthy breakfast in minutes
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 45 Mins
Cook Time - 30 Mins
- 100 gm / ½ cup Vijay Gold Ragi Flour
- 100 gm / ½ cup Mastercook Bajra Flour
- 100 gm / ½ cup Mastercook Whole Jowar
- 75 gm / 2/3 cup Mastercook Chakki Atta
- 200 gm / 1 cup Yogurt
- 4 gm / 1 tsp Mastercook Jeera
- 5 gm / 1.5 tsp salt
- 5 gm / 1 tsp Eno / Fruit Salt
- Water as required
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the millet flours with the yogurt, it will be a thick and dry mixture.
- Add the chakki atta and sufficient water to make a dosa batter consistency.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the salt and jeera. Add a splash of water if required.
- Now add the Fruit salt and mix well.
- Prepare the dosa’s as per your liking (Thick / Thin)
- Serve hot with Ghee, Chutney or Jam.
Tips for Cooking
- After adding the Fruit Salt, you would want to prepare the dosa’s immediately as the reaction of the fruit salt is what gives this dosa a light fluffy texture.
- If making thick dosa’s, cook on a medium heat for a longer time as the millet flours tend to be raw in the middle if cooked too quickly.
- If you are gluten intolerant or adopting a gluten free diet, you can omit the Chakki Atta and just prepare it using millet flour.