Millet MuesliJune 17, 2021
This wonderful healthy muesli is packed with nutritious millets, oats, and dried fruits. It’s the perfect guilt-free treat, sweetened with dates and honey.
- Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, Chopped coconut flesh
- Start by washing and soaking the millets for atleast 8-10 hours.
- After they have been soaked, drain the water and add fresh water. Keep it to boil for atleast 30 minutes till the millets are soft, do not make it mushy. Drain and allow to cool completely
- Soak the dates in warm water for 5 minutes to become soft. Blend these dates with a little of the soaking water to form a thick smooth paste. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 170 C / 370 F / Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl, take your oats, boiled millets, nuts and seeds of your choice. Toss it together till evenly mixed.
- Add your dates paste and honey. Mix together to form a slightly sticky mixture which loosely clumps together. Add more honey if required.
- Spread it evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the center rack for around 30-40 minutes stirring the mixture every 5-10 minutes to ensure that it roasts evenly.
- After the mixture is slightly dry and light brown in color, take it out of the oven and spread it on a large plate to cool.
- Store in an airtight jar for upto a week
- Millets should always be used after soaking for a minimum of 8 hours.
- If you are using chopped coconut, it may help to roast it separately beforehand and then again with the mixture. This helps prolong its shelf life as it tends to go rancid quickly.
- Feel free to add or remove any nuts and seeds of your choice, this works great with any combination.
South Indian Style Egg Curry