Servings - 7
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 20 Mins
Cook Time - 45 mins
- 2 cups Mastercook wheat flour / Chakki atta
- ¼ cup besan / gram flour
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds / til
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 cup methi leaves / fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup curd / yogurt, fresh / sour
- Water as required, to knead dough
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp oil / ghee, for roasting
- In a large mixing bowl take wheat flour and besan. Add chili powder, turmeric, sesame seeds, carom seeds and salt.
- Add green chili and ginger. Now add finely chopped methi leaves.
- Give a rough mix making sure the spices are combined well. Furthermore, add half cup of curd and combine the dough well. Additionally, add some water and knead the dough.
- Knead the dough to smooth and soft texture like of chapatti dough. Add 2 tsp of oil and knead the dough for 5 more minutes.
- Now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it. Also dust with some wheat flour. Further roll it in a thin circle like chapathi or paratha.
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled thepla and cook for a minute. Furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip the methi thepla
- Also brush oil / ghee and press slightly. Finally, serve methi thepla with raita and pickle.