Kurtosh Kalacs Recipe
Made using Mastercook Maida, Kurtos Kalacs (Chimney Cake or twisted challah) is a Hungarian pastry that is yummy combo of yeast, eggs, sugar, milk and butter.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Medium
Preparation Time - 2 Hours
Cook Time - 50 Mins
- 500 grams mastercook Maida
- 250ml milk
- 7 grams active dry yeast
- 50 grams sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Warm water for kneading
- In a bowl add milk, sugar and mix well.
- To above mixture add yeast, mix well and rest for 15 minutes for yeast to activate.
- In another mixing bowl, add maida, salt, melted butter, egg and activated yeast. Mix everything together.
- Knead for 10 minutes and rest for 1.5 hours for dough to rise.
- Once dough is risen, knead for 2 minutes and divide into 8 equal parts.
- Take one part and roll to 60-70cm long.
- Wound around cone shaped object or you can make cone using A4 sheet and aluminium foil.
- Brush with oil and Dip prepared KurtoshKalacs in cinnamon sugar.
- Preheat oven at 200dc for 10 minutes and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200dc.
- Once baked, cool them down and enjoy with icecream or any filling of your choice.