Kerala Style Chicken Curry
Made with powdered Mastercook Dhania, Jeera and Pepper, Kerala Style Chicken Curry is packed with simple flavors and goes great with boiled rice or Pathiri!
Servings - 8
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 1 Hour
Cook Time - 40 Mins
- 1 kg Chicken, Curry Cut
- 250 gm / 4 medium onions, sliced
- 70 gm / 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 10 gm / 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Deggi Mirch powder
- 5 gm / 1.5 tsp Mastercook Dhania, powdered
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Mastercook Jeera, powdered
- 2 gm / ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 gm / ½ tsp Mastercook Pepper, powdered
- Salt to Taste
- In a large Kadai, heat oil and add the sliced onions.
- Saute and cook the onions until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell dissipates
- Add the powdered spices and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomato and mix well. Cook for a few minutes with a splash of water.
- Cook this mixture for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the washed and drained chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir gently and add about ¾ cup of water, stir well and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes more.
- After 15 minutes check the chicken for doneness. If the chicken is cooked, check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Finish with chopped coriander leaves.
Tips for Cooking
- This dish is not very spicy, if you would prefer it to be more spicy, you can add some chopped green chillies.
- It is recommended to make this gravy a little earlier and have it sit. This intensifies the flavor and the gravy penetrates into the meat.