Kerala Style Chicken CurryDecember 20, 2021
Made with powdered Mastercook Dhania, Jeera and Pepper, Kerala Style Chicken Curry is packed with simple flavors and goes great with boiled rice or Pathiri!
- 1 kg Chicken, Curry Cut
- 250 gm / 4 medium onions, sliced
- 70 gm / 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 10 gm / 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Deggi Mirch powder
- 5 gm / 1.5 tsp Mastercook Dhania, powdered
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Mastercook Jeera, powdered
- 2 gm / ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 gm / ½ tsp Mastercook Pepper, powdered
- Salt to Taste
- In a large Kadai, heat oil and add the sliced onions.
- Saute and cook the onions until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell dissipates
- Add the powdered spices and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomato and mix well. Cook for a few minutes with a splash of water.
- Cook this mixture for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the washed and drained chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir gently and add about ¾ cup of water, stir well and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes more.
- After 15 minutes check the chicken for doneness. If the chicken is cooked, check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Finish with chopped coriander leaves.
- This dish is not very spicy, if you would prefer it to be more spicy, you can add some chopped green chillies.
- It is recommended to make this gravy a little earlier and have it sit. This intensifies the flavor and the gravy penetrates into the meat.
South Indian Style Egg Curry