Jowar Pancake (Jowar Flour)July 18, 2023
Jowar Pancake (Jowar Flour)
- 1 cup jowar flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped vegetables (such as onions, bell peppers, carrots, spinach)
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt (to taste), Water (as needed)
- Oil (for cooking)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the jowar flour, rice flour, yogurt, ginger paste, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add water to the flour mixture while stirring to make a smooth batter. The consistency should be similar to that of regular pancake batter.
- Add the finely chopped vegetables and green chili (if using) to the batter. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Let the batter rest for about 10-15 minutes. This will allow the flours to hydrate and the flavors to meld together.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, pour a ladleful of the batter onto the center of the skillet and spread it gently to form a circular pancake shape.
- Cook the pancake for about 2-3 minutes until the bottom side is golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes until it is cooked through and browned.
- Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining batter to make more pancakes.
- Serve the jowar pancakes hot with chutney, yogurt, or any of your favorite toppings.
South Indian Style Egg Curry