Jodhpuri Kabuli Pulao Recipe
Super delicious and super quick, Kabuli Pulao is an aromatic, one-pot meal of rice, veggies and various kinds of nuts made using Master Cook Brown Rice
Servings - 3
Difficulty Level - Medium
Preparation Time - 90 Mins
Cook Time -30 Mins
- 2 Cups of Master Cook Brown rice
- 1 Potato cubed
- 1/2 Cup Carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 big cardamom
- 2 small cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 black pepper corns
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 Bread Slices cut into cubes
- 1-2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp ginger green chili paste
- 1 Cup Finely Sliced Onions
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt
- 7-8 Cashew Nuts
- 7-8 Raisins
- Ghee/ oil for frying
- 8-10 Saffron Strands mixed in 1/4 Cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves.
- Wash and soak the rice for 1-2 hours
- . Pressure cook the rice till 80% done.
- Heat oil/ ghee and fry cashews, onions, cubed potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and bread croutons. Keep aside
- Heat a pan add 1 tsp oil, add cumin seeds and the whole spices and ginger green chilli paste, Saute, add all the fried veggies and spice powders. Add curd. Cook on low flame for a minute.
- In a pan layer rice in the bottom and then spread the vegetable curry and half of the saffron milk, again spread a layer of remaining rice and gravy and the remaining saffron milk
- Layer the bread croutons and fried cashews on top and then add the cashews, raisins, fried onions and chopped green coriander. Sprinkle garam masala on top.
- cover and cook on low flame for 8-10 minute
- Garnish with some pomegranate pearls. Serve hot with any raita of your choice.