Instant Poha Dhokla
Dhoklas, a vegetarian gourmet delicacy created with a mixture of Vijay Avalakki and Bombay Sooji, are a nutritious and healthy snack that can be cooked fast.
Servings - 4 (9 pieces)
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 30 to 40 Mins
Cook Time - 20 to 30 Mins
For Dhokla :
- 75 gm / ¾ cup Vijay Gold Thick Avalakki
- 50 gm / ½ cup Mastercook Bombay Sooji
- 200 gm / ¾ cup Yogurt
- 250 ml / 1 cup Water
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Salt
- 5 gm / 1.5 tsp Fruit Salt (ENO)
For tempering :
- 2 gm / 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli
- In a blender, grind the Vijay Gold Thick Avalakki into a fine powder. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the Mastercook Bombay Sooji, Yogurt, Salt, and 200 ml / ¾ cup of Water
- Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Set up your steamer to heat up.
- Grease a 6*6 square pan and set it aside.
- After 15 minutes, add the remaining 50ml of water and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt on top and add a splash of water to activate it.
- Whisk gently but thoroughly and pour immediately into the prepared pan.
- Steam for 20-30 minutes till firm and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- As it cools down, prepare the tempering by spluttering the mustard seeds in oil, then add the curry leaves and green chili. Pour this on top of the dhokla, slice and serve.
Tips for Cooking
- Have your pan and steamer ready to go before you add the fruit salt, since once it's added the reaction lasts for a few minutes after which it settles down.