Instant Poha DhoklaJuly 1, 2021
Dhoklas, a vegetarian gourmet delicacy created with a mixture of Vijay Avalakki and Bombay Sooji, are a nutritious and healthy snack that can be cooked fast.
For Dhokla :
For tempering :
- 2 gm / 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli
- In a blender, grind the Vijay Gold Thick Avalakki into a fine powder. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the Mastercook Bombay Sooji, Yogurt, Salt, and 200 ml / ¾ cup of Water
- Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Set up your steamer to heat up.
- Grease a 6*6 square pan and set it aside.
- After 15 minutes, add the remaining 50ml of water and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt on top and add a splash of water to activate it.
- Whisk gently but thoroughly and pour immediately into the prepared pan.
- Steam for 20-30 minutes till firm and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- As it cools down, prepare the tempering by spluttering the mustard seeds in oil, then add the curry leaves and green chili. Pour this on top of the dhokla, slice and serve.
- Have your pan and steamer ready to go before you add the fruit salt, since once it's added the reaction lasts for a few minutes after which it settles down.
South Indian Style Egg Curry