Eggless Donuts Recipe
Made from Mastercook Maida, Eggless Donuts are perfect for all the vegans and vegetarians. For vegan versions, just replace the milk with coconut milk.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Medium
Preparation Time - 1
Cook Time - 2 Hours
For the Donut
- 2 cups Mastercook Maida
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Dry yeast - 2 tsp
- Warm milk -1/2 cup
- Butter -1 tsp
- Oil for frying
For Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate- 1 cup
- Butter-1 tsp For Assembly
- First pour warm milk, sugar and dry yeast in a bowl let it get frothy.
- Add Maida, baking powder, salt and a little water to make dough.
- Then add some butter and soften the dough till it becomes smooth.
- Apply some oil and cover it let it rest for 1 hour or till it doubles its size.
- Give it a pinch and take a portion and roll it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Let the doughy nut rest for 1 hour grease the doughnut with some oil to avoid cracks, then fry that on a medium flame and apply chocolate sauce and sprinkle of your choice.
- You can use a dough nut cutter or with a help of a glass and nozzle cut round doughnut.
Tips for cooking
- Always take Luke warm milk for yeast fermentation or else the yeast won’t rise.
- Knead the dough well till it is smooth.
- You can keep this dough for use later on too but remember to keep it on an airtight container.
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler and add some butter for the glaze to the melted chocolate.