Eggless DonutsJanuary 7, 2022
Made from Mastercook Maida, Eggless Donuts are perfect for all the vegans and vegetarians. For vegan versions, just replace the milk with coconut milk.
For the Donut
- 2 cups Mastercook Maida
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Dry yeast - 2 tsp
- Warm milk -1/2 cup
- Butter -1 tsp
- Oil for frying
For Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate- 1 cup
- Butter-1 tsp For Assembly
- First pour warm milk, sugar and dry yeast in a bowl let it get frothy.
- Add Maida, baking powder, salt and a little water to make dough.
- Then add some butter and soften the dough till it becomes smooth.
- Apply some oil and cover it let it rest for 1 hour or till it doubles its size.
- Give it a pinch and take a portion and roll it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Let the doughy nut rest for 1 hour grease the doughnut with some oil to avoid cracks, then fry that on a medium flame and apply chocolate sauce and sprinkle of your choice.
- You can use a dough nut cutter or with a help of a glass and nozzle cut round doughnut.
- Always take Luke warm milk for yeast fermentation or else the yeast won’t rise.
- Knead the dough well till it is smooth.
- You can keep this dough for use later on too but remember to keep it on an airtight container.
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler and add some butter for the glaze to the melted chocolate.
South Indian Style Egg Curry