Dalia Pulao Recipe
Packed with the goodness of protein and vegetables, Mastercook Special Dalia Pulao is full of flavors and taste, To quench your hunger, serve it with raita.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 20 Mins
Cook Time - 30 Mins
- 120 gm / 1 cup Mastercook Dalia
- 200 ml / ¾ cup + 2 tbsp Water, hot
- 70 gm / 1 medium onion, diced
- 75 gm / 1 carrot, diced
- 50 gm / 1 capsicum, diced
- 50 gm / 10-12 french beans, cut into ½ inch pieces.
- 7 gm / 2 tsp Mastercook Dhania, powdered
- 1 gm / ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 5 gm/ 1.5 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 gm / ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 gm / 4-5 Mastercook cloves
- 1 gm / 3-4 Mastercook Elaichi
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 bayleaf
- 3 gm / 1 tsp Mastercook Jeera
- Salt to Taste
- 7 gm / 2 tsp Ghee
- In a pan, dry roast the dalia until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tsp of ghee and some oil.
- Add the whole spices and Mastercook Jeera. Sauté for a few seconds and the onions.
- Saute until lightly golden,Then add the ginger garlic paste
- Then add the vegetables and saute for a few minutes. Add the powdered spices and salt to taste, mix well.
- Now add the roasted dalia and the hot water.
- Stir well and cover. Pressure cook on medium-high flame for 2 whistles.
- After the pressure has come down naturally, open the cooker and fluff the dalia. Finish with 1 tsp of ghee and serve hot.
Tips for Cooking
- Roasting the dalia allows it to develop flavour and not become mushy.
- You can use any vegetables you have on hand in similar quantities.
- If you are making this dish for kids, you can reduce the spices slightly and increase the water content, cooking for 1 more whistle to soften all the ingredients.