Crunchy Potato Vermicelli Fry
Servings - 9
Preparation Time - 10 Mins
Difficulty Level - Easy
Cook Time - 30 mins
- For Boiling Vermicelli
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 4 cup water , for boiling
- Salt to taste
- FOR CUTLET MIXTURE:
- 2 potato, boiled & mashed
- ½ tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp red chilli chutney powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder, garam masala and chaat powder of each
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- FOR SLURRY:
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ¼ cup mastercook maida
- ¼ tbsp pepper powder and salt
- ½ cup water
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup vermicelli, for outer coating
- Oil, for frying
- Firstly, in a pan, heat it with 2 tsp oil and add ½ cup-vermicelli . Roast on low flame until the vermicelli turns golden brown. Keep aside.
- In a large vessel take 4 cup water, ½ tsp salt and get to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, add roasted vermicelli and give a good stir.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until vermicelli is cooked well. Drain off the water and cool completely. Make sure not to overcook vermicelli.
- Once the vermicelli is cooled completely, transfer to a large bowl and add 2 tbsp corn flour.
- Mix well making sure all the moisture from vermicelli is absorbed. Further add 2 potato, ½ tsp ginger paste, 1 chilli and ½ tsp chilli flakes.
- Also add ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala and ½ tbsp chaat masala. Now add ½ cup bread crumbs, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined. Squeeze and mix well forming a soft dough. Grease your hands with oil and now pinch a ball sized dough.
- Roll it into a cylindrical shape and keep aside. To prepare slurry, in a small bowl take ¼ cup corn flour, ¼ cup mastercook maida, ¼ tsp pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- Adding ½ cup water prepare a smooth lump-free batter. Now dip the shaped cutlet mixture into slurry and then roll in vermicelli.
- Deep fry in hot oil, keeping the flame on medium. Stir occasionally, without breaking the cutlets. Fry until the cutlets turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain off the vermicelli cutlet over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Finally, enjoy Potato vermicelli cutlet with tomato sauce.