Classic Bruschetta Recipe
The simplest bruschetta is created with grilled French bread pieces rubbed with mozzarella cheese and topped with chopped tomatoes, onion and Iceberg lettuce.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Medium
Preparation Time - 4 Hrs
Cook Time - 40 mins
- Basic French Bread, sliced thick
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into large dices• 2 tomatoes, chopped into large dices
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, sliced into half
- 30 gm fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- Few basil leaves, torn or shredded finely
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Mastercook Pepper, ground to taste
- 1 medium onion, sliced fine
- 20 gm Feta Cheese
- 40 gm Iceberg lettuce, cut into small pieces
- Toast the bread slices until crisp and slightly golden.
- For the A-la-Caprese, toss the diced tomato, mozzarella cheese and basil lightly in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Place gently on the bread slice and top with cherry tomatoes.
- For the Caramelized onion, Feta and Iceberg Lettuce, Begin by adding a little oil into a pot and sautéing the onions on low heat for about 20 minutes, adding a little salt and sugar to aid caramelization. Add a splash of water if it begins to burn and continue cooking until soft and golden.
- Top the toasted bread with iceberg lettuce, caramelized onions and small dollops of feta.
Tips for Cooking
- Do not rush the process of caramelizing, slow cooking releases the natural sugars which ensures that it cooks through without burning.
- A bruschetta is a blank canvas, you can top with anything you desire, pieces of roasted chicken, other cheeses, bell peppers, leaves like arugula also go great with this