Here’s a traditional Tamil recipe for a scrambled chicken appetizer that is spiced with various whole spices and ground spices. Sesame oil provides it with a rich, nutty flavour.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Easy
Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 15 mins
- 1 tbsp sesame or gingelly oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Master Cook cloves
- 2 Master Cook cardamom
- 1 tsp Master Cook fennel seeds
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 400 g boneless chicken
|Amount per serving (excluding eggs)|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|
|Total Sugars 0.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Disclaimer: The nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to quality of ingredients and food preparation. The nutritional analysis found on the recipe pages is calculated from the individual ingredients in each recipe. No information, services, or materials offered by or through this Site shall be construed as or understood to be medical advice or care.
- In a pressure cooker, add chicken with salt, pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and water to cover the chicken. Cook the chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain and retail the stock and shred the chicken with your hands.
- In a pan, heat sesame oil and all the whole spices. Roast them until aromatic.
- Add onions, green chillies and curry leaves to this. Saute till brown. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until aromatic.
- Add tomatoes, saute and add all the powdered spices. Cook for a minute.
- Add the retained chicken stock and the shredded chicken.
- Stir and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Optional: Make a well in the middle of the mixture. Heat oil and break the eggs into it. Scramble and cook thoroughly. Mix with the chicken and serve.