Chicken Kathi Roll
Made using Mastercook Chakki Atta, Chicken Kathi Roll comes filled with mouth-watering grilled boneless chicken pieces, veggies, green chilies and spicy sauces.
Servings - 4
Difficulty Level - Medium
Preparation Time - 2 Hour
Cook Time - 50 Mins
For Laccha Paratha
- 1.5 cups Mastercook Fresh Farm Chakki Atta
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 2 tsp Oil
- Warm water for kneading
For Grilled Chicken
- 200 gms boneless chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1.5 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp black salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon hung curd
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Little salt
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small capsicum
- 2-3 green chilies
- Oil as required
- Thin sliced onions
- Lemon juice
- Pinch of chaat masala
- Tomato Ketchup
- Green chili sauce
- For marinating the chicken pieces, in a mixing bowl, add the mustard oil, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, black salt, ginger garlic paste, hung curd, lemon juice and little salt, mix all the ingredients well.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces cut into tiny cubes, coat it well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
- For making the dough of the parathas, in a mixing bowl, add “Mastercook Fresh Farm Chakki Atta”, add little salt & sugar, add curd, mix all the ingredients well with the Atta.
- Add warm water, little at a time and knead the dough for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of oil to the dough and knead it well for another 8-10 minutes. Cover and allow it to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Once the chicken pieces have been marinated for enough time, take some skewers, add the chicken pieces into the skewers.
- In a grill pan or normal pan, add 2 tsp of oil, place the chicken skewers, apply some of the remaining marinade, and cook the chicken pieces on a medium flame, for about 8-10 minutes from all the sides or until the chicken is soft and cooked completely, brush some oil to the chicken pieces in between. Keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat some more oil, add thin slices of onions, sauté it for 1 minute, add thin slices of capsicum and some chopped green chilies, cook it on a high flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add ½ tsp of red chili powder, ½ tsp of garam masala powder, ½ tsp salt, mix it well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the grilled chicken pieces, mix everything well on a high flame for about 4-5 minutes and the chicken stuffing is ready for the roll. Keep it aside.
- Once the dough has been rested enough, cut medium size of balls out of it, apply little oil on the dough balls, and roll it like a thin roti, you may dust some flour if needed.
- Now brush some oil to the rolled roti, sprinkle some wheat flour over it.
- Now start creating pleats by folding with the help of fingers, stretch the pleated dough as much as possible.
- Start to roll the pleated dough like a swiss roll and secure the end by pressing gently.
- Take the rolled ball, apply little oil to it, dust with some wheat flour, if needed, and start rolling to a thin circle like a roti or parathas. Repeat for the remaining dough. 16. Cover and rest the pleated dough balls for another 15 minutes.
- Heat a tawa, placed the rolled paratha, cook it for about 1 minute then flip and cook for another 1 minute.
- Once you start to see brown spots, grease both the sides of the paratha with oil, flip and cook both the sides on a medium to high flame for about 2-3 minutes and its done. Repeat the same process for the remaining dough.
- For assembling, take one cooked paratha, add generous amount of the chicken pieces, add some thin slices of onions, lemon juice, sprinkle some chaat masala, add some tomato ketchup and green chili sauce. Roll it and its ready to be served.
Tips for Cooking
- Marinate the chicken pieces for at least 1 hour or you can marinate them overnight as well.
- Knead the dough initially for at least 10-15 minutes and allow it to rest for minimum 1 hour.
- You can add any type of sauces and spices to your roll, as per your liking.
- Adjust the quantity of chilies and salt as per your taste.
- You can also grill the chicken pieces in the microwave oven.